Lauren Hildebrandt – Boy Shorts
LAUREN HILDEBRANDT – “Boy Shorts”
Lauren Elise Hildebrandt is a triple-threat singer/dancer/actress, based in Los Angeles. Affectionately known as “Hildy”, she is an independent recording artist who’s just released her first pop single, Boyshorts on Red Wallet Records from the upcoming album entitled, Not Really a Waitress, to be released in 2009.
Hildy burst on the dance music scene in 2005 with her single, Burnin Out that she co-wrote with producers Liquid 360. It spent 13 weeks on the Billboard Hot Club charts, peaking at #5, an impressive debut for a new artist. Her music video to Burnin Out was directed by Patricio Ginsela, who directed two of the Black Eyed Peas videos. It is still in rotation in clubs, stores and restaurants and video channels across the world. Burnin Out also was #3 on Canada’s bpm dance station (like MTV), #35 on the worldwide dance charts, #50 on the Hot Brazil charts and #10 on the Bollywood charts in 2005-2006. From August 2006 through May 2007, Hildy toured in the European production of the long-running, hit musical, Grease. She was featured on German TV in the popular show, Soundgarden, and was one of four cast members chosen to appear in Vienna’s Night of 100 Stars. Now back in the States, she is finishing co-writing and recording her debut album. One song on the album will feature a duet with Chip Days, an American Idol Season 2 Semi-Finalist.
• In March, 2006, Hildy was nominated as “Best New Dance Artist” at the International Dance Music Awards in Miami. She was in a category with superstar recording artists, Rihanna and Cascada. She was also a presenter at the Awards Show along with Kelly Rowland and Depeche Mode.
• Her second dance single, Dance With You, was released in August 2006 through Act2 Records. It spent 8 weeks on the Billboard charts, peaking at #20. Both singles have been released internationally on DJ compilations.
• Lauren’s third dance single, My Life Again, written by acclaimed songwriters Jack D Elliott and Janice Robinson, reached #19 on the Billboard charts in March 2008 and is currently still on mix show rotation around the world.
• She has performed as a solo artist from Hawaii to New York, and has sung the National Anthem at a Phoenix Suns game and performed with the Suns dancers.
• Discovered on NBC’s talent show, FAME, with Debbie Allen and Joey Fatone, Hildebrandt impressed the judges and landed among the top 12 finalists out of over 5,000 people who sang and danced their way at auditions across the country. (Runner up Shannon Bex is a member of the platinum-selling girl group, Danity Kane and other finalists are currently on Broadway.)