Check out Eazee Street and Broccoli City on the set of “Gangster Sh*t” with Rick Ross & Triple C’s and Compton emcee the Game.
RICK ROSS & TRIPLE C’S (CAROL CITY CARTEL) BUST OUT OF MIAMI WITH DEBUT ALBUM, CUSTOM CARS & CYCLES
New York, NY — Fans of the hardcore style of Miami rap raised up from the mean streets of Carol City by platinum-selling artist Rick Ross – are waiting for the pre-order flag to drop onCUSTOM CARS & CYCLES, the first album by Triple C’s (as in Carol City Cartel), the group that came together around the Teflon Don over the past decade-plus, and now includes Gunplay, Torch, and Young Breed. The album – featuring guest shots by Young Jeezy, The Game, Bun B, Gucci Mane, Mack 10,Warren G, Yo Gotti, and others – hits October 27th on Rick’s Maybach Music/Def Jam Recordings label.
The first single from CUSTOM CARS & CYCLES by Triple C’s is the high-octane anthem “Go”featuring Rick Ross and Birdman. The track was produced by Schife for Karbeen Muzik and OhZee (Ian Lewis/Oscar Zayas).
The roots of Triple C’s stretch back to 1997, when Carol City natives Rick and Gunplay first met, and shared their passion for hip-hop. Torch hit town a year later, settling in Carol City after a string of legal troubles up north. The trio built up a buzz as Carol City Cartel via local gigs and mixtapes in the early 2000’s. Rick was the first to graduate, when he showed up on his [then] Slip-N-Slide label-mate Trina’s “Told Y’all” (2002) and “I Gotta” (2005).
Rick’s turn finally arrived with the release of his 2006 debut album, Port Of Miami. He remained loyal to his brethren and featured Carol City Cartel on the track “It Ain’t a Problem.” Two years later on Rick’s Trilla, the crew – now known as Triple C’s – rode shotgun once again on the southern bounce track “Reppin’ My City.”
CUSTOM CARS & CYCLES follows-up Rick’s most recent album, Deeper Than Rap (released April 2009), containing the singles “Magnificent” featuring John Legend, and “Usual Suspects” featuring fellow Def Jam artist Nas. Deeper Than Rap was Rick’s third consecutive album to debut at #1 Soundscan, after Port Of Miami, featuring the unstoppable hit “Hustlin'” (the first mastertone ever certified platinum by the RIAA for sales of 1 million copies before the associated album had even been released); and 2008’s Trilla, whose second single release, “The Boss,” featuring fellow Floridian T-Pain, rose to #2 on the Billboard Hot Rap chart, #5 R&B, and Top 20 on the Hot 100.
The track listing for CUSTOM CARS & CYCLES is as follows:
1. Custom Cars & Clips (produced by Schife for Karbeen Muzik and OhZee
2. White Sand (produced by Phil 4 Real)
3. Break It Down featuring Bun B (produced by Don Logan aka Gunplay)
4. Go featuring Rick Ross and Birdman (produced by Schife for Karbeen Muzik and OhZee
5. We Gettin It (produced by Schife for Karbeen Muzik and OhZee)
6. Trickn Off featuring Gucci Mane (produced by Christopher “Drumma Boy” Gholson for Drum Squad)
7. Throw It In The Sky (produced by The Olympicks for Maybach Music Group)
8. Erryday featuring Young Jeezy and JW (produced by Schife for Karbeen Muzik and OhZee)
9. Customized (produced by Schife for Karbeen Muzik and OhZee)
10. Gangsta Sh*t featuring The Game (produced by Baron “B-Rock” Agee for Rawcast Entertainment)
11. Finer Things featuring Masspike Miles (produced by The Olympicks for Maybach Music Group)
12. Chickn Talkn feat. Mack 10 and Warren G (produced by The Olympicks for Maybach Music Group)
13. Diamonds & Maybachs Pt. 2 featuring Suede Royale (produced by Delando “Mitrxxx The Mad Scientist” Morrow of THE TRANSFORMERZ for Maybach Music Group)
14. Hustla feat. featuring Masspike Miles (produced by Cool and Dre for SupaNova Management, Inc.)
15. Yams Pt. 2 featuring Yo Gotti (produced by Christopher “Drumma Boy” Gholson for Drum Squad)
16. Bless Me featuring Magazeen (produced by Mista Kingz for Mainstream Productions)