New Album Highlights Label Talent; Offered To Fans For Free As A Thank You For Continued Support
Man Bites Dog Records has been on a tear over the past couple years, with recent albums from MHz Legacy, Stu Bangas & Vanderslice, Copywrite, Vast Aire, and more. And with a busy year still ahead, including upcoming releases from Eddie B & Harry Fraud, Illogic & Blockhead, Roc Marciano, and others, label founder R.M.L. is first excited to release MBDR Volume 2, out today and available for free download via the label’s SoundCloud.
Volume 2, premiered today by XXL, is full of original, exclusive songs that will only be available on this album, and the project includes features and production from the likes of Copywrite, Bronze Nazareth, Hayze, Curly Castro, Killah Priest, Stu Bangas, Double A.B., Vanderslice, Kount Fif, Reef The Lost Cause, Jason Rose, and more. And while the label could have easily released this project through retail, label founder R.M.L. is instead offering the project for free download as a thank you to the label’s supportive fans. “In this climate, anyone can download music illegally,” remarks R.M.L., “so I wanted to reward our fans that do the right thing and pay to support our records.”
As a follow-up to MBDR Volume 1, released a few years back, Volume 2, which was mixed and mastered at Royal Crown Studios offers fans an updated look at the label’s talented roster. “I think this is a good introduction to some of the new faces on the label, both emcees and producers,” explains R.M.L. “For fans, it’s a nice warm welcome to what makes Man Bites Dog Records special.”
Download MBDR Volume 2
1. Shark Food feat. Jason Rose & Hayze (Prod. By Stu Bangas)
2. Front Page feat. Blacastan & Curly Castro (Prod . By Blacastan)
3. Bronze & The Ripper feat. Bronze Nazareth & Snak The Ripper (Prod. by Bronze Nazareth)
4. Revolver feat. Killah Priest, Double A.B. & Reef The Lost Cauze (Prod. by Kount Fif)
5. Bourbon Chicken Thief feat. Copywrite (Prod. by Stu Bangas)
6. Gress feat. Curly Castro (Prod. by Dub Sonata)
7. Lazer Dart feat. Bronze Nazareth (prod. by Bronze Nazareth)
8. I Heart The Law feat. Hayze (Prod. by Vanderslice)
9. Sugar Cubes feat. Zilla Rocca & Redd Mudd (Prod. by Surock)
10. Door # 2 feat. Copywrite (prod. by Kount Fif)
Passionate about music and with an ear for discovering great talent, RML formed Man Bites Dog Records in 2005 in Northern Virginia, a few short miles from Washington DC. In an area dominated by GoGo Music, it was the goal of MBDR to offer an avenue for local hip-hop talent. The label quickly grew beyond the confines of the local scene, however, as MBDR began to release project from the likes of Copywrite, Vast Aire, and others. Since then, it has been MBDR’s goal to sign artists who create classic music – music that stands the test of time – in genres ranging from underground New York hip-hop to funky pop. Currently, MBDR’s roster includes Killah Priest, Copywrite, Vast Aire, MHz Legacy, Jakki da Motamouth, Stu Bangas & Vanderslice, Esoteric, Wais P, Bronze Nazareth, Crimison Gods, Kount Fif, Empuls, Last Bison, Jason Rose, Brink, Red Mud, Sinista Daniro, Dom, Jay Notes, and The Swashbuckler.