TERMANOLOGY TAKES IT BACK ON TIME MACHINE (HOOD POLITICS VI) DROPPING SEPTEMBER 22ND NEW RELEASE INCLUDES PRODUCTION FROM DJ PREMIER, THE ALCHEMIST, DON CANNON, LARGE PROFESSOR, PETE ROCK, STATIK SELEKTAH GUEST APPEARANCES FROM SHEEK LOUCH, LIL FAME, JOELL ORTIZ, ROYCE DA 5’9, CROOKED I, CONSEQUENCE
Less than a year after the release his official debut, Politics As Usual, Termanology returns with Time Machine (Hood Politics VI), on September 22 through his own ST. Records. It’s been a busy year for Termanology. Since the September 2008 release of his well-received debut, which featured production by DJ Premier, Hi-Tek and Pete Rock, Term has toured extensively. He opened for Method Man and Redman on the nationwide Still High Tour and headlined his own 2009 European Tour.
Time Machine falls somewhere between an album and a mixtape. It features production by Don Cannon, DJ Premier, The Alchemist and Large Professor. Joell Ortiz, Lil’ Fame and Sheek Louch make guest appearances. Termanology will also be touring extensively in support of in support of Time Machine. He touches down in Europe from August 20th — September 6th with M.O.P, Reks and DJ Statik Selektah. In August, he will be one of the headliners at the prestigious Hip-Hop Kemp festival in the Czech Republic alongside Method Man, Lady Sovereign, La Coka Nostra, B.O.B., Blu & Exile and Devin The Dude. Term will also be performing dates around the United States in support of Time Machine. Termanology is available for features, news stories and photo shoots.
Term was raised in the post-industrial, predominantly Latino city of Lawrence, MA. The half-white, half-Puerto Rican MC transitioned from silly freestyles at age nine to full-fledged records by 15. Constantly traveling between Boston and New York in pursuit of his dream, Termanology released his first 12-inch in 2002. Through his alliance with influential mixtape DJ (and fellow Massachusetts native) Statik Selektah, Term began earning the respect of Boston’s Hip-Hop scene with several highly acclaimed 12″ singles. At the onset of 2006, Term’s big break came when DJ Premier blessed him with one of his signature, scratch-laden beats. “Watch How It Go Down” instantly became an underground classic and Termanology appeared on Hip-Hop’s international radar. The conscious hood anthem garnered the earnest MC tons of praise, landing him in The Source’s “Unsigned Hype” and XXL’s “Show and Prove” columns. On September 30 2008, he released his debut album, Politics As Usual, to critical acclaim.
Tracklisting & Credits for Termanology’s Time Machine (Hood Politics VI):
1. Nobody’s Smilin’ (prod. by Statik Selektah)
2. Brown Paper Bag (prod. by Don Cannon)
3. Stick Up feat. Sheek Louch & Quest Tha Young’n (prod. by Vinny Idol)
4. Time Machine feat. Reks (prod. by The Large Professor)
5. Wild Puerto Ricans feat. Tony Touch & Ea$y Money (prod. by Shortfyuz)
6. Forever feat. Superstah Snuk (prod. by Shortfyuz)
7. My Boston feat. Singapore Kane & Big Shug (prod. by DJ Premier)
8. Hold That (prod. by Pete Rock)
9. It’s A Shame feat. Joell Ortiz (prod. by Statik Selektah)
10. Gods World (prod. by M Will The Shogun/additional production by Paul Thompson)
11. Music Industry (remix) feat. Royce Da 5’9, Crooked I, Akrobatik & Consequence (prod. by Fizzy “Fame” Womack)
12. Passion Iz Money feat. Lil Fame of M.O.P. & Quest Tha Young’n (prod. by Shortfyuz)
13. Bout To Go Down feat. Superstah Snuk & H Blanco (prod. by Shortfyuz)
14. Nothing Iz Real (prod. by M Will The Shogun)
15. Good Day feat. Ghetto & Hectic (prod. by MoSS)
16. I See Dead People (prod. by The Alchemist)